CKSource is a successful software company with more than 15 years on the market. There’s a good chance you’ve used one of our products or at least read online content created with our rich text editing component - CKEditor. We have complex products that call for experienced developers. Openness, mutual respect and trust allowed us to build a great team.
We are currently looking for a Senior Node.js Developer to join our backend team responsible for CKEditor Cloud Services.
CKEditor Cloud Services is a largely real-time backend project aiming to aid and expand the capabilities of the CKEditor 5 and CKEditor 4 software projects with new features. Its main functionality is collaboration - enabling several people to work together editing a document. On the technical side, it comprises from several dozens of Node.js microservices (TypeScript and we are introducing DDD), using MySQL (AWS RDS), Redis (AWS ElastiCache), queue systems (AWS SQS), Consul or ZeroMQ, run from AWS ECS, while the infrastructure is created with Terraform (and others).
What we expect you to have:
- at least 4 years of experience;
- knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases;
- experience with message queues like RabbitMQ or AWS SQS;
- interest in software design patterns and architecture;
- knowledge of KISS, DRY, SOLID principles;
- ability to write tests (unit tests, integration tests, E2E tests);
- good command of English (at least B2).
What would be nice to have:
- experience with microservices;
- experience with AWS and Terraform;
- experience with CI/CD;
- being familiar with TypeScript;
- being familiar with Docker;
In return we offer:
- a great atmosphere in a team of talented developers who are nice people, too :)
- flexible working hours - you start at the time that suits you. If you need to go out somewhere - no problem;
- tasks tailored to your predispositions;
- agreement B2B (up to 860 PLN net per day) or equivalent on the contract of employment;
- a quarterly and annual financial bonus depending on the company's performance;
- additional days off and financial resources for personal development (up to 5 days and 6.000 PLN yearly, depending on the work experience);
- all necessary equipment such as laptop, additional monitor and accessories;
- English lessons;
- private medical care (Enel Med or Medicover);
- Multisport card;
- you can work 100% remotely or from our Poznań office (no dress code, no open space).