Application Support Specialist / Support Developer
Our current customers include such companies as Microsoft, IBM, Adobe, Oracle, Siemens, Citibank, Disney, AT&T, NBCUniversal, Accenture, and hundreds more internationally recognized brands.
In our day-to-day operations, we strive to create a friendly, open and collaborative workplace that benefits from talent and individuality.
Who we need:
- Solving issues reported by our customers using your knowledge and experience. Our users are usually developers who are integrating our components with their applications, not the actual end-users.
- Understanding users’ issues and directing them to the proper section of the product documentation.
- Isolating simple mistakes on the user’s end, for example a typo in a configuration option or a syntax error.
- Recommending optimal setup and best practices.
- Creating simple plugins based on the API documentation to support developers writing their own plugins.
- Investigating cases where everything seems to be done correctly but the software does not work as intended to find the cause, i.e. whether it is the software, the environment or the user issue.
- Good written and verbal command of English (B2 level or higher) which allows efficient communication in tickets as well as on sporadic calls (after the initial 3 months).
- Good knowledge of HTML and CSS syntax and tags that would allow you to create a simple website.
- Fluency in using browser developer tools.
- Willingness to learn and develop your skill set as well as the ability to learn about the product from relevant documentation.
- Basic knowledge of web-related tools and technology, e.g. npm.
- Observation, inquisitiveness, problem-solving skills.
- Previous experience in a similar role or as a developer.
- If you have already developed some applications, we would love to have a look.
“Am I a good fit for the role?”
You can easily check it by yourself!
Download CKEditor 5, run it locally and change a few configuration options.
- Find the documentation on how to create a plugin for CKEditor 5. Write a simple one, for example, a plugin that inserts the <abbr title="What You See Is What You Get">WYSIWYG</abbr> tag into the editing area.
- Once you create a working plugin, send it to us with your CV. Do not feel discouraged by the amount of time that you needed to finish the task. It is completely understandable that you need more time than our developers and that it will take you much less time on your second try.
- A great atmosphere in a team of talented developers who are nice people, too :)
- Respect for what you are doing. We will help you get up to speed with our software and will continue to support you so that you could do your job in the best possible way.
- Flexible working hours (starting between 8am and 10am) with possible AFK time for doctor’s appointments, etc.
- Contract of Employment (4.500 - 8.000 PLN gross, depending on your experience and skill set) or B2B (5.500 - 9.600 PLN net, 26 days of vacation included). Your salary will grow with the increase in your experience, engagement, and skills.
- Private medical care (Enel Med or Medicover).
- Multisport card.